Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust (NTWT) invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified registered whānau interested in being a member of our Audit and Risk Komiti.
The NTWT is seeking to fill one position on our Audit & Risk Komiti which assists the Ngāti Tama Group to discharge its responsibilities to exercise due care, diligence and sound governance in relation to:
- Reporting financial information to users of financial reports.
- Applying sound accounting policies and compliance with accepted accounting standards
- Maintaining the independence of the company’s auditors.
- Financial management.
- Internal control systems.
- Risk management.
- Compliance with Ngati Tama Group’s governance documentation and material contracts.
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Prior experience in some or all of the above areas is required.
Membership and Commitment
The Komiti includes at least two current Trustees of the NTWT Board and meets approximately three times per year. The Komiti will also meet with the external auditors as necessary. There may also be special hui convened to meet the Komiti’s responsibilities. You will be reimbursed for your time attending hui. Hui may be held kanohi ki te kanohi, by video conference or teleconference or a combination of these.
How to apply:
Please provide a cover letter outlining your expression of interest. As mentioned above, you do not have to have experience in all areas but where relevant please tell us about your:
- Governance experience.
- Familiarity with risk management processes.
- Understanding of internal controls.
- Participation in internal and external audits.
- Experience in financial management and reporting.
You are welcome to contact the office and speak with Nikita Takai if you would like to receive an information pack prior to applying: 0800 8262 494.