Company/Location: Tasman Forest Management Ltd, Nelson
Tasman Forest Management Ltd (TFM) provides forest and harvesting management services in the Nelson and Marlborough region. We currently manage approximately 8,000 ha of forest for a range of clients in this region. TFM is part of the Forest Management Group. The group is made up of three companies:
Forest Management Ltd (FML) – Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago, Westland and Southland.
Tasman Forest Management Ltd (TFM) – Nelson, Marlborough
Forest Management (NI) Ltd (FMNI) – Hawkes Bay, Southern North Island
Between the three companies, we harvest over 1,000,000 tonnes per annum.
We are looking to appoint a Forester in the Nelson Region. This is a very diverse role which will involve:
- Forest Management
- Planning and scheduling of forestry operations
- Harvest Planning
- Supervision of Harvesting and Engineering
- Client Liaison
- Preparing Budgets and Reporting
- Assisting with Procurement
- Health and Safety Compliance and Auditing
- Monitoring Best Practise performance and environmental compliance
You will ideally have the following attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in forest management
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Enthusiasm and Energy
A competitive remuneration package will be offered based on experience and qualifications.
To apply please forward your covering letter and CV to Craig McMiken, Nelson Manager – Tasman Forest Management Ltd, Unit 10, 66-68 Aranui Road, Mapua, Nelson 7005 firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 18th September 2019.