Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust are undertaking a scoping exercise to help to inform the future development of an iwi Education Strategy and Te Rautaki Reo o Ngāti Tama (Te Reo Māori Strategy). The scoping exercise will help us map out the current state of Education and Te Reo Māori for our iwi members. This process will envisage where gaps, major issues and innovative approaches may lie so the Trust is able to make informed decisions.
Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust is seeking a Research Analyst to comment on and deliver our qualitative research for our Education and/or Te Reo Māori development. Preferably we are looking for one Analyst who can help deliver both research streams, however we will offer this project to two people who possess the right skills.
Working alongside the Cultural Manager and Communications Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience and working knowledge of qualitative and some quantitative research.
Skills we are looking for:
- Frames information in simple terms
- Has good communication skills and a facility with language
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and is dedicated to high standards
- Is collaborative and team-oriented
- Deep knowledge and experience of māori perspectives
- Self-driven with initiative can handle pressure and deadlines
- Demonstrates the passion and ability to drive the Cultural revitalisation of Ngāti Tama ki te Tau Ihu
- To deliver the Te Reo Māori report you will need to have a strong comprehension of Te Reo Māori me ona Tikanga.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct and assist to inform the qualitative research according to Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust methodology
- Maintains files and records of research data
- Answer inquiries and response to requests about the project/s
- Inform surveys for quantitative research
- Share insights and results in an easily digestible manner in both written and presentation format
- Investigate other research providers to help inform our reporting without supervision (census, statistics NZ)
- Prioritise and manage time, ensuring timely delivery
- Qualitative analysis reports for our milestone reporting
- Create 2x reports for both research streams for submission to the Board (Education and Te Reo Māori)
Duration: ASAP – June 1st 2020 (or until completion)
Location: Remotely or from Ngāti Tama offices
Compensation: Rates negotiable
Start: As soon as available
If this sounds like you, please send a copy of your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com for more information about this role call Christina on 03 548 1740.