The Trust is now calling for nominations for two Rohe Trustees for Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust.
Open NOW – Close Friday 13th April 2020
Whānau would have already revieved by post, notice that an election will be held for two (2) Rohe Trustees for the Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust.
To be eligible for nomination and election as a Trustee a candidate must (as per clause 6.2 of the Deed of Trust):
- be a Registered Adult Member residing within New Zealand;
- in the case of Rohe Trustees, reside within the Ngāti Tama ki Te Tau Ihu Area of Interest;
- not be disqualified by reason of any matters referred to in clauses 6.4(c) to 6.4(g) (see nomination form);
- not have resigned from the position of Trustee in the three (3) years prior to the date of the notice calling for nominations; and
- be able to demonstrate skills, knowledge, experience or achievements in one or more of the following areas: (i) te reo Māori; (ii) tikanga Māori; (iii) governance experience; (iv) business, financial or legal skills; (v) community service; or (vi) academic achievements.
All nominations must also (as per Schedule 4, paragraph 8 of the Deed of Trust):
- be on the proper nomination form, and specify the nominee’s full name, address and contact telephone number;
- include a declaration signed by the nominee that he or she fulfils the criteria for nomination and election as a Trustee under clause 6.2, and is not precluded from holding office as a Trustee by reason of any matters referred to in clauses 6.4(c) to 6.4(g);
- include a curriculum vitae or other document describing the candidate’s skills, knowledge, experience or achievements in one or more of the areas listed in clause 6.2(e); and
- include the written signature of both the candidate and the nominator.
The election will be held under the First Past the Post electoral system, by postal and online voting.
Retiring Trustees are eligible for re-election.
Nomination forms and copies of the Trust Deed are available:
- by contacting the Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust Office, 74 Waimea Road, Nelson, or phoning (03) 548 1740
- clicking the below link
- by phoning the Electoral Office on 0800 922 822