Vacancy: Communications Support (Pouāwhina Whakawhiti)
Job Location: Nelson / New Zealand
Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust based in Nelson represents te uri o Ngāti Tama. Established to manage and administer the Trust Fund for the benefit of Ngāti Tama ki Te Tauihu, now and into the future.
We are looking for a content savvy Communications Advisor with excellent writing skills and content creation experience to join for a fixed term 12-month period.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will support the objectives of our whānau engagement strategy. Focusing on creating engaging and dynamic content that connects whānau with the Trust and Ngāti Tama ki Te Tauihu stories, history and kōrero. Your key duties will be to maintain and curate content for our online platforms, including our social media, website and quarterly print pānui. You will also promote events and support with communications related tasks.
This is a 12-month fixed term role working 20 hours per week based in our Nelson office.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a communications, marketing or content development role.
- Experience with social media, websites, and have exemplary written communication skills.
- Experience using Adobe Suite, and MS office programmes including PowerPoint is advantageous.
- An understanding of Te Reo me ōna Tikanga in principle and practice in relation to your work.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at one time, meet deadlines, and work quickly under pressure when required.
Joining a close knit team you will be encouraged to share your ideas in a supportive, open work environment. This is an opportunity to hone your skills further by converting strategy to content.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Chan Collin 0275 401 027 or Sacha MacDonald 027 386 9288 or alternatively you may apply with your cover letter and resume via the APPLY link. All enquiries and applications will be treated in strict confidence.