Job Location: Te Tauihu / Nelson / New Zealand Job Type: Permanent Work Type: Full Time Category: CEO & General Management
Tama tū ki te Tauihu, Tama ora ki te ao.
Ngāti Tama will stand tall in Te Tauihu and flourish in the world.
Mō mātou – About us
Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust is a post-settlement entity based in Nelson representing ngā uri o Ngāti Tama ki Te Tauihu. The Ngāti Tama Group through its various entities manages the social, cultural and environment strategies, assets and investment portfolios ranging from fisheries assets through to managed investment funds. The Ngāti Tama Group is responsible for managing and administering the Trust Fund for the benefit of whānau, now and into the future.
The Trust priorities include:
- Ahumahi – Developing opportunities to work and live in Te Tauihu.
- Ahuora – Exploring options to support whānau wellbeing and independence.
- Ahurea – Stimulate learners of Te Reo, Tikanga and whakapapa.
- Ahuwhāiti – Fit for purpose systems and operations.
- Ahuwhenua – Enhance our significant lands and waterways.
Mō te tūranga mahi – About the role
The General Manager will be responsible for implementing the Ngāti Tama ki te Waipounamu Trust vision, mission, and strategic priorities ensuring that Ngāti Tama resources are managed effectively and efficiently.
You will lead strategic implementation, operations, staff management and internal / external relationship management. You will have overall responsibility for the successful planning, implementation, and co-ordination of the organisation.
This is a permanent full-time position based in our Nelson office.
Mōu – About you
You will have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, with a respect for Iwi and their unique relationship with the land and environment, show humility and kindness, gain trust and confidence of pahake, whānau, and Trust Board members. You will have experience working responsively with a Board to ensure that the organisation is operationally and strategically meeting its objectives.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- It is desirable that you have a sound knowledge of tikanga māori and experience working in a kaupapa māori environment.
- Have an awareness of whānau/hapū/iwi dynamics in Te Tauihu.
- Relevant tertiary degree in a leadership field including Māori and Indigenous Leadership, Business, Legal or Commerce.
- Have the ability to manage complex and diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate leadership that empowers the team through effective management and support of staff, including motivating, guiding, influencing and communications.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, use of initiative and good judgement skills.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to gain and maintain professional credibility, confidence and respect.
- Comfortable being a role model and a good team player.
If you are seeking a leadership role in an established Iwi Trust within a positive and progressive work culture, then we would like to hear from you. For more information visit www.ngatitama.nz
For confidential enquiries, please contact Sacha MacDonald 027 386 9288 or alternatively you may apply with your cover letter and resume via (portal link). All enquiries and applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Applications close: 28 November 2021