Tama tū ki te Tauihu, Tama ora ki te ao.
Ngāti Tama will stand tall in Te Tauihu and flourish in the world.
Mō mātou – About us
Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust based in Nelson represents ngā uri o Ngāti Tama ki Te Tauihu and was established to manage and administer the Trust Fund for the benefit of whānau, now and into the future. Our team diligently represent ngā kahurangi o Tama, our values; Tū Rangatira: courage, determination, growth; Akona kia tupu: learn, teach, evolve; Mana Kaitiaki: restore, protect, sustain; and Arotahi ai tatou: collective, unified, inclusive.
Mō te tūranga mahi – About the role
Commencing in February 2022, this is a part-time position (20 hours per week), working alongside Te Pouwhakawhiti to provide high-quality, engaging, and timely visual content for print, online and video resources. You will be responsible for the development of graphic design, publication and distribution including managing contractors and vendors to deliver on projects. You will have the ability to translate complex ideas into easy-to-understand graphics and collateral for a wide variety of audiences, age groups and demographics. Your key accountabilities will include:
- Conceptualizing and creating designs, concepts and layouts based on knowledge of design principles to support communication and encourage engagement and participation with whanau.
- Managing branding requirements across the organisation, including merchandise, clothing, logo, images, promotional material and ensuring branding is consistent across the Group.
- Develop content for our social media, website and quarterly print pānui, annual reports and other official publications.
- Support project based mahi where graphic design is required.
- Manage the Tama photo and graphic library, including curation, data management and storage.
- Develop engaging content with our software in line with organisation branding guidelines and organisation objectives.
Mōu – About you
You will be detail orientated, take pride in the work you produce and able to meet deadlines. Have demonstrated experience in reviewing and proofing copy is highly desirable.
As part of a close-knit team, you must be willing to participate and work alongside all poumahi to maintain a strong cohesive team that delivers on all Ngāti Tama priorities. At times you will be required to pitch in at whānau wānanga and our annual AGM and all poumahi are encouraged to participate in our cultural activities for personal development.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- An intermediate Graphic Designer with 3+ years’ experience
- Confident and proficient in Adobe Cloud applications (Illustrator, photoshop, InDesign) and SharePoint
- Understand Te Reo, me ōna tikanga and desire to develop these areas
- Confident in written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Be able to review and proof copy as part of the content production process
- Have experience with social media, websites, and online mailing systems to create and publish content.
- Ideally hold a Design degree or relevant tertiary qualification
If you are seeking a flexible part time permanent role with an established Iwi Trust within a positive and progressive work culture, then we would like to hear from you.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Sacha MacDonald 027 386 9288 or alternatively you may apply with your cover letter and resume via (portal link). All enquiries and applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Applications close: 19 December 2021