2021 Grants Information
OBJECTIVE: Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust provides limited financial assistance to promote and enhance social, educational and cultural opportunities for whānau of Ngāti Tama.
Order a Delta Kai Pack OR apply for a Delta Relief Payment
Ngāti Tama Trustees have updated the “Covid Recovery and Response Plan” to provide additional support to whānau during this time of Covid-Delta. Whānau can now apply for one of two support streams through our Ngāti Tama App; either a $200 kai pack or a $200 grant. These are available to all registered Ngāti Tama members, 18 years and older.
We are currently taking applications through our secure, online app and will be calling our pāhake and whānau without an email sometime next week. We encourage all whānau to use our secure online portal and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble signing in.
Winter Energy Grant
If you think there are exceptional other circumstances that we should consider in supporting you with a financial grant then apply for a Manaaki Grant – up to $500 per annum. Applications are approved on a case-by-case basis by our Grants Kōmiti.
Covid-19 Relief Grant
If you are experiencing hardship due to loss of income because of Covid-19 then we may be able to support you with a financial grant under our Covid-19 Relief Grant. Applications are approved on a case-by-case basis by our Grants Kōmiti.
School Aged Education Grants
Round 2 for Education Grants for school aged children are OPEN. This round is for new applicants for the 2021 period.
Tertiary Study or Cadetship/Apprenticeship Grants
Round 2 Education Grants for Tertiary Study or Cadetship/Apprenticeship are now OPEN. This round is for new applicants for the 2021 period.
Sports and Cultural Grants
If you have a sports or cultural related event, activity or course then we may be able to support you with a financial grant under our Sports and Cultural Grant. Please note you cannot apply for a Sports and Cultural Grant if you have received an Education/Training Grant in the same year.
How to complete these forms
- Download the application to your computer/device
- Complete the pdf. form
- Save the completed pdf. form as a new document – “Save As”
- Send the completed pdf. form to email@example.com
- Monies to successful applicants will be distributed as soon as possible after closing dates.
- Grants will be distributed at the discretion of the executive of the Trust, and may vary from year to year.
- The Trust executive will verify your enrolment with the tertiary institution.
- If you need help to complete your application or require more information about registering with Ngāti Tama, please contact the office.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send all completed applications to:
Ngāti Tama Ki Te Waipounamu Trust
P O Box 914