We are looking for a Group Accountant to support the key financial functions for the entire Ngāti Tama Group being:
• Ngāti Tama ki Te Waipounamu Trust
• Tama Asset Holding Company Limited
• Ngāti Tama ki Te Tauihu Charitable Trust
Reporting to the General Manager, you will support the financial objectives, strategy, and policies for the Group. Your contribution will enable the business to operate effectively within the varying industries the Trust operates within. This is a hands-on role where you will carry out a range of duties including monthly management accounts, balance sheet and consolidated financial statements, managing cashflow, preparing annual budgets and range of business improvement projects. You will contribute to the development of Group funding proposals. Working with the General Manager and Commercial Investment Manager you will support the evaluation, implementation, and monitoring of commercial opportunities as they arise.
This is a permanent full-time position based in our Nelson office.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
• Senior level accounting experience in business, economic and development sectors -minimum 5 years
• Bachelors’ qualification in Commerce, Finance or Accounting with at least 2 years’ practical experience in a commercial or group financial accounting.
• Knowledge of Xero accounting and Ipayroll packages and functions.
• Efficient user skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• Governance / Directorship experience.
• The ability to work to agreed time constraints and deadlines.
• Understand tikanga Māori
Joining a close-knit team, you will be encouraged to share your ideas in a supportive, open work environment. If this sounds like you and you would like to join our team and positive work culture, then we would like to hear from you.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Chan Collin 0275 401 027 or Sacha MacDonald 027 386 9288. All enquiries and applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Applications close when position is filled.